Winter 8 days and 7 nights
This has been one of the most popular Northern Lights Holiday Programs in Iceland for the past two winters.
You experience the best of Iceland’s winter! Our Northern Lights Exploration series are designed to include a lot of Iceland and aim to maximize the chances of seeing the elusive Northern Lights. In addition to 7 nights of accommodations with breakfast, the program includes our special six night Northern Lights Academy that is a combination of evening presentations, lectures, a movie and guided searches of the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights. This is a fully escorted bus tour with guaranteed departures from September to April which can help you experience the winter at its most Icelandic. Both during the day and after dark, as you head to the countryside in West and Southeast Iceland, you explore the regions from the Snæfellsnes peninsula to the Vatnajökull glacier to search for the Aurora Borealis away from the big city lights.
Highlights and Experiences
- Climb a volcano crater
- Visit a traditional shark farmer
- Meet the locals in a geothermal swimming pool
- See waterfalls, lava fields, fjords, geysers, hot springs, glaciers, icebergs, black lava beaches
- Enjoy open spaces and high mountains
- Relax in the famous Blue Lagoon
- Learn about life next to the even more famous Eyjafjallajökull volcano
- Walk between two continental tectonic plates
- Explore fishing villages
- Visit turf farmsteads and churches
- See the highlights of Iceland’s capital city, Reykjavík
- Meet Icelandic horses, taste freshly baked hot spring bread and enjoy a fjord cruise
- Northern Lights Academy program during 6 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film, guided searches and midnight refreshments.