Winter 6 days / 5 nights with extension to 8 days / 7 nights
First class hotels and unique soft adventures
The Northern Lights are one of nature’s great displays: a mysterious, multicolored show in which the night sky is suddenly lit up with a wondrous glow that twists and swirls like a heavenly lava lamp. Elusive and ethereal, it is one of the great, timeless thrills of travel; a beautiful, shifting dance of nocturnal rainbows that many viewers find a humbling and spiritually uplifting experience. The Northern Lights can only be seen at night but there is no need to worry about finding things to do during the day.
With the Northern Lights in Style we offer you an exclusive escorted bus tour. You experience unspoiled nature, geological wonders, cultural and culinary treats and a variety of soft adventures and activities during the day before going to hunt for the Northern Lights in Iceland at night. You stay in first class hotels, travel in a tour bus offering two seats per person and the group size is maximum 14 persons. The tour is available as a 6-day or 8-day program. Our expert tour guide provides you with a fact seminar about Northern Lights and teaches you how to take photos of them.
HIGHLIGHTS and EXPERIENCES:
- First class hotel accommodation
- Country hotels that are located far from city light disturbances
- Relax at Fontana Steam Baths
- Comfort experience at the geothermal Blue Lagoon
- Local shark meat, dried fish and Brennivin (Black Death) schnapps tasting
- Langoustine dinner at a seashore restaurant
- Specialty crab feast and gourmet dining
- Seminar at Icelandic cheese & skyr school including light lunch
- Boil egg in a hot spring and taste hot steam baked bread
- Special glacier hike for beginners
- Meet the locals and learn about living with geo-powers
- Visit to Viking Ship & History Museum
- Private tour at a local folk museum
- Travel in a tour bus offering 2 seats per person
- Educational Northern Lights program and guided Northern Lights hunts
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating your photo camera at night.
The 2-night extension program includes also
- Northern Lights fjord cruise
- Super jeep adventure into the highlands and on top of a glittering glacier